Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Generational Curses

Many children are born with a snowballs chance in Hades at becoming a productive citizen able to add to the world. It is sad that in almost all cases this is no fault of their own. Some parents don’t recognize that there is a purpose for their presence on Earth. This lack of realization is passed on to the child, in many cases as if it were hard coded into their DNA. Bad action begets bad action. Righteous action begets more righteous action.

In some households this was referred to as “generational curses”. My grandparents were very aware of this and there was never a shortage of learning about this in my youth. Grandpa talked about it in Eunice and Maw-Maw talked about it in 5th Ward. It is about being born into it. The bible addresses the iniquity of our forefathers:

1. Exodus 34:7, "Keeping mercy for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and that will by no means clear the guilty; visiting (punishing) the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and upon the children's children, unto the third and to the fourth generation."

2. Lamentations 5:7, "Our fathers have sinned, and are not; and we have borne (been punished for) their iniquities."





Simple recognition of this is the first portion of correcting it. We are not locked into committing the same indiscretions or transgressions of our parents. The ignorance is the greater source of your bondage. At some point we must say ENOUGH! My child will not go through what I went through because I care! In my case the curse was the addiction to alcohol. I am not ashamed to admit this, because, in doing so I was able to confront this at an early age. I do indulge in drinking, but I am keenly aware of the historical hold it has had on my family. I intend to break this and have been successful thusfar.

Too many times we are too caught up in living our lives to take notice of what is happening in the lane next to our own. I do really believe in minding your own business, but will get into yours deeply when it affects mine. Stop raising your kids in a foul manner. Stop ignoring what you know is the road to perpetual Hell for your child, both living Hell and the Hell promised at death. Make their nurturing second only to your relationship to your Savior in your path to fulfill life’s mission. Stop depending on others to take care of them..…they belong to God and YOU!

I often tell my mother this about my siblings, “Mama, before you leave, make sure that they are doing what they are supposed to be doing. When you leave, I cannot love them like their mother. I will not do the things that Mom will do. I can only love them like their brother!” I hope that they give me the same.

If your forefathers curse has a tight grip of you and yours, please, please recognize it and end it. Your children’s actions, inactions, or misdeeds don’t just affect you. You are not living in a bubble and that could be my family member a victim of whatever you and/or your children are into. Conquer your curse…….for your child’s sake and for the rest of us that are your village.

No comments:

Post a Comment