Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I aint change, but I know I aint the same

Evolution of humanity starts with one’s own growth. Be it spiritual, intellectual, physical, or emotional, we are creatures that are designed and destined to create, re-create, and proceed down the path of expansion ("Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain."). This is sometimes stunted by the desire to “keep it real”. We will in short, attempt to realize what keeping it real is to really mean.

A short time ago, because I was not growing in any manner consistent with progress, I assumed this to mean conserve the status quo, to be conservative if you will. To conserve what is the (un)natural order of my surroundings. With more prescribed focus, I learned that this was counterproductive to the evolution of my person as well as those around me. I became a more aggressive progressive.

You see I didn’t grow up in surroundings that suggest I needed to conserve it all! My foundation was solid, but that was a result of my path being directed by my family: parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, and the church (thank you Sis. Gamble). There were tremendous pitfalls on my way to adulthood. I apologize for nothing. The things that I have experienced made me who I am and at the same time made me who I am not.

There is a point when we all must make the choice to be better than yesterday or to “keep it real” in a negative sense. I chose and am choosing to reform my spirit(I go to The Church Without Walls), my intellect(constantly learning and reading), my physical(in the gym 4 days a week), and my emotional(I face my demons and my fears….I think) person to become a better me. Notably, I am still Trent from the block.

Do I really keep it real by not bringing my brother or sister on the journey with me? Am I my brother’s keeper when I watch silently as he heeds the towing bell of failure? Do I help my sister drag herself to destruction in feeling, “That’s on her.” OR! Do I make a positive impact in MY community? If each one of us reaches one of us to bring about ANY success that can be payed forward what could we really resolve? I think the results would be tremendous.
If we can help to change the lives of a person with less than we have………………Well, I am still Trent from Fifth Ward and I aint change……I just know I am not the same! Nice to meet you.

Who are you again?

No comments:

Post a Comment