Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Why do I care if gays get married!!

A same-sex couple got married yesterday and I had to walk outside to make sure the end of the world hadn’t happened and I missed it. What do I care that a gay couple gets married? I really feel that it is none of my business. Marriage is a social union or legal contract between individuals that creates kinship.

Although my standards dictate it is wrong in the eyes of the Lord God, I have no inherent right to impose my standards on someone else’s life. God gives us freedom to make choices and to follow his dictates. Is there one among us who chooses to do so completely? Marriage is between God, you and the person you marry.

I do believe that in the end time same sex married couples will have to answer to God for their lifestyles, but so will they have to for all other choices or lifestyle practices, or lies, or dishonoring their parents, or any other discretion. Unless they affect society in a criminal manner, those discretions are none of my business as well. It will be between that person and God.

It is abominable to me the way that people assume that the way they do things is the right way, always. What would happen if we shined a light into all of their activities? Would God be equally displeased? Some of the most vehement nemesis of same-sex marriages are collectively themselves sliding into some of the darkest caverns of Hell. Thank you God for providing a cover for my discretions, you know these people would hang me if they knew what you know about me. I am no less a sinner that the gay people they throw stones at so again THANK YOU GOD for your veil of protection. I will leave you to deal with your children.

If gay people want to get married, I don’t agree with it, but IT IS NOT MY BUSINESS! They deserve to be as miserable as some of the heterosexual married couples I know. Until marriage is officially only recognized by the church, I have no problem with a man wanting to marry a man.

Ultimately, unless our society hands over the reigns of everyday life to the church(I hope to be dirt by then), let them enjoy life promised to them in our land of choices, even incorrect choices. Those that don't like the freedoms here, move to Iraq. Currently marriage is still defined as a social and legal union of this world and last I checked I am not to be of this world. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment